Friday 13 May 2011

Two Greedy Little Buddhas


When I suggested a local Nepalese restaurant, The Greedy Buddha to my best friend Lizi for a mid week catch up dinner she looked very dubious. My boyfriend had recently returned from a difficult, intense and emotionally draining 4 weeks in Nepal throughout which I had been in SW6 with no contact to him. The 4 weeks were really tough and having heard some fairly gruesome horror stories of infected blisters and extreme poverty Lizi was baffled as to my choice of cuisine for the evening.

 However, there was method behind the madness- this restaurant had great reviews and a fantastic location on Wandsworth Bridge Road, with an outdoor bamboo covered garden at the front! (Love anything novelty). It was a sunny evening and I could think of no better location to sit and chew the fat, luckily not literally, with my bestie. Jess had also lent me her taste card and so we were able to totally indulgence in 2 courses and copious amounts of vino.


We had a perfect table at the front to watch the world go by and enjoy the evening rays. Before even ordering our food we had somehow managed to gossip for an hour and get through 2 glasses of wine and several poppodoms.
The starters were really excellent, soft, light dumplings and spicy, crispy king prawns- both dishes were rich in flavour and taste. I was desperate for something spicy so whilst in Rome I opted for the Greedy Buddha special Nepalese curry which was outstanding. Lizi opted for a chicken Dhansak curry which was equally delicious, if a little too filling! Having spent weeks cursing Nepal and its lack of mobile phone networks and internet cafes, The Greedy Buddha converted me- I could eat variations of that dinner for 4 weeks happily, although one dinner left us both feeling like very greedy buddhas so it probably isn’t the wisest idea if I want to keep the boyfriend.

144 Wandsworth Bridge Road
London SW6 2UH
020 7751 3311

Greedy Buddha on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...