Thursday 12 January 2012

The Best of Boma

Boma, meaning ‘a safe enclosure’ is a much loved local restaurant come bar on Wandsworth Bridge Road. Having always previously visited bleary eyed with a banging headache following a heavy night, I decided that January being the month of detox would be an ideal time to try a civilised dinner at Boma. We visited on a Friday night and were pleased to see the restaurant heaving with groups of Fulham-esque friends, some of whom were obviously not detoxing. Braying aside the atmosphere was relaxing and welcoming and the staff friendly- regulars of this establishment appear to be on first name terms with most of the team at Boma, an informality which I love.
                                               

The menu is extremely varied, a factor which usually sets the alarm bells ringing in my head, sceptical of restaurants claiming to master Asian, British, French and Italian I decided to have an open mind. I am always impressed with the quality of their brunch menu and vote their full English the best in SW6, however I had wondered if they had the same success with their eclectic bar/restaurant menu. My friend ordered the crispy confit duck salad and I opted for the fish pie, my pie was extremely comforting and hearty but I was a little bit disappointed with the fish/potato ratio, my friend said her duck salad was delicious however.  Unfortunately budgets permitting we only went for one course on this occasion and so I cannot give a more detailed food analysis, however in terms of reliability, friendly service and fun atmosphere I would highly recommend it.


                                    
Boma by night is an ideal date spot, when we visited the room was filled with couples enjoying the relaxed candlelit atmosphere and the back room in particular is very private. The jovial atmosphere also lends itself well to birthday parties, striking the balance between special occasion yet let your hair down a group birthday dinner would undoubtedly revel in this safe enclosure.   

116 Wandsworth Bridge Road
Fulham
SW6 2TF

Boma on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...