Monday 8 April 2013

So very Thai Spa

I'll be the first to admit, I'm not a massive beauty buff. Sure I'll slap some mascara on in the morning, but I bite my nails, rarely get my haircut and can't remember the last time I had a mani-pedi (if ever!). However, after years of torturing myself with an epilator, I have recently begun to treat myself to salon waxes, and it's opened up the whole beauty salon world to me.



So, it made sense to get to know the places on my doorstep, starting with So Thai Spa on the Wandsworth Bridge Road. So Thai manages to strike the balance perfectly between cheap and cheerful (just £25 for a full leg, that's good, right?!), whilst maintaining  a semi day-spa feel through the use of great Asian decor, lots of dark wood, incense and music. The space is light and airy, with the treatment rooms arranged across the ground-level and off the mezzanine, leaving a gorgeous double height reception that gives a clean and sunny feel to the place. The welcome is with a cheery smile and the service is really swift, although still super-friendly.

Although my waxer for the day gaily referred to me as her "new wictim!" there was really nothing to fear - she was a total pro. Within just 20 minutes, both legs were as smooth as a late-night Jazz FM mega-mix, and I had (almost) enjoyed myself chatting away about our shared love of Thai cuisine and penchant for fried chicken (don't ask!).

So Thai provides a little Asian sanctuary right in the heart of Fulham, with gap year prices to match. Since it's just a hop, skip and jump away from my home I think I may have found my place! Perhaps I could get into this beauty malarkey after all...

So Thai Spa
118 Wandsworth Bridge Road
London SW6 2TF
http://www.sothaispa.co.uk/
0207 731 6543

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...