Wednesday 8 February 2012

Flex 'em young




As regular readers of our blog and Twitter will know, we've become veritable yogis recently (well, wannabe ones) and I've been particularly taken by Hot Bikram Yoga. With a bit of tenacity and lots of sweat I've really noticed an improvement in my flexibility and I've come to almost enjoy it. I certainly look forward to it.

I always struggled with my flexibility, even when I was little, and so I notice with interest that my local SW6 bikram studio, Hot Bikram Yoga, are offering yoga classes for kids. Bikram yoga teacher Naomi Clark explains on the HotBikramYoga blog, that Bikram Choudray took himself (the founder of Bikram yoga) started yoga at the age of 3 and how her yoga classes in local schools have been a remarkable success, with kids learning to concentrate more deeply and to blow of steam in a fun, expressive yet non-competitive way.

Naomi has been teaching Bikram Yoga for 10 years and kids yoga for 5, and next week she'll be teaching her first few yoga classes at the Fulham Hot Bikram Yoga studio.

Date: Thursday 16th February

Place: Hot Bikram Yoga, Parsons Green: 25 Heathman's Road, London SW6 4TJ

Time: 2.15-2:45pm for 4-8 year olds
         3-3:30pm for 8-10 year olds

Parents will be asked to wait in the reception area and have a cup of tea whilst your kids enjoy the class. Please bring a bottle of water for your child.

Classes cost £7.50 and you booking details are here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...