Monday 18 April 2011

Un bon moment à Earls Court

I was meeting one of my old school friends who lives a little further West than SW6 and so we compromised on a half way meeting point-Earls Court. I have never really eaten anywhere impressive in Earls Court and am ashamed to say I usually play it safe with a voucher at Strada. However, having found a very cute little mews a couple of weeks ago by accident while trying to find a parking space I discovered 'The Little French Restaurant'.


Tucked away on Hogarth Place this restaurant is breath of fresh air from the chains and kebab houses on Earls Court Road. The restaurant prides itself on not ripping customers off with their menu prices, and this could not be more true with the £9.95 3 course deal I found-bargain! If you are organized enough to pay cash and order a glass of wine you can choose from an impressively varied set menu and have 3 courses for £9.95- yes I had to repeat this fact as it is such good value!


To start my friend went for the traditional french onion soup, which she said was good and I had sweet red peppers stuffed with cheese which I thoroughly enjoyed. I am not claiming that this is super luxe fine dining and AA Gill should rush down to Earls Court immediately, but you really can't fault fresh ingredients and home cooked food at such great value. 


For the main courses I had coq au vin (above) and Amanda (my friend) went for a very healthy main course version of my starter. This is not Haute cuisine (note the soggy vegetables) but the chicken was very well cooked and fell off the bone easily. It must also be noted that the service was very good and we were really well looked after by the staff despite the fact they were totally full and turning people away. We had a great table in the window and whiled away the evening contently sipping white wine watching the world go by. Despite being a two minute walk from the hustle and chaos of Earls Court tube station this French haven transports you back in time and we both left feeling relaxed and merry- I even got to brush up on my school girl French on the staff!

18 Hogarth Pl, London SW5 0QY020 7370 0366 


Little French on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...