Wednesday 9 February 2011

Nails Incorporated


You would right to be surprised to see me blogging about nail polishes, nail care, all things manicures and general hand-related items. That is, or was, almost exclusively Sarah's domain. She's got a bag of nail polishes the size of my underwear drawer and I'm not sure I've ever seen her wear the same nail polish twice.

Me, on the other hand... Well, I bit my nails until about 6 months ago, and ever since I've been locked in desperate battle with urges to chews, nails so weak that they break on a weekly basis and the sad realisation that at the age of 23 I simply haven't got a clue when it comes to manicures.

Yet, last weekend I spent almost £40 on Nails Inc products... Odd it may seem, but there is method to the madness. My nails do seem to be getting stronger and longer and the logic is that some pretty polish will a) add another strengthening layer b) put me off the prospect of chowing down on my fingertips. And I have to admit, Sarah's enthusiasm for the subject is rather infectious and the final barrier to purchase was removed by Glamour's latest discount code for 20% Nails Inc online.

And look what came through the post today.... The latest Cashmere collection: heather grey, mushroom brown, pink mink and iced coffee. Or in NailsInc speak: Sydney Street, Hyde Park Mews, Cromwell Road and Fulham Palace Road. I think it's pretty cute that they're all named after London streets... and this particular collections seems pretty apt for someone living in an SW post code! I also indulged and bought a mid grey shade entitled London Sky, and because I joined their ultimate reward scheme (in for a penny, in for a pound!) they also threw in a free brolly and their Fitzmaurice Place shade - hot pink!

If you'll excuse the quality of the manicure (I'm new to this remember...) this is what London Sky looks like on. I'm pretty chuffed with it!

Final note... if you have any manicure tips - please share! Clearly, I'm in desperate need of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...